Vodafone Reviews & Ratings
We have reviews and ratings from 25 verified customers of Vodafone broadband.
We surveyed new customers 60 to 120 days after switching to Vodafone - here's what they told us:
Go live day 8th June. I contacted them because No internet. They said will be ok in 24hrs. 3 days later An open reach guy reported line is good. I had to Chase EVERY single day that I had NO internet Still. This continued for 18 days during Covid. We could not order our Food nor Meds and not see the kids. They did not even call to say they had 'switched on the internet' They were always insistent the internet will be ok in the next 24 hrs. I asked for a manager and was told he will call you in the next 24 hrs. He did'nt.
Switch from BT to Vodafone was successful. Only issues was a loop on the local line which was quickly resolved by Openreach. Very happy.
I took this deal out because they advertised a speed of at least 25Mbps. Was fine at first, but after 4 weeks after my first payment the broadband became very weak and kept on disconnecting. I have contacted Vodafone and they said they would look into it, however I haven't heard anything more after two weeks. Not impressed with the bad customer service.
Satisfaction and Value for Money
- The customers we asked said they saved on average £6.19 per month by switching to Vodafone broadband.
- Users gave Vodafone 7.8/10 for overall satisfaction, and rated them 8.3/10 on value for money.
- When asked why they chose Vodafone broadband, 52% said that they offered the most cost effective deal at the time.
- Other reasons customers cited were: broadband speed (36%), the provider's reputation (12%).
Switching and Initial Setup
- On average, the customers we surveyed gave Vodafone a rating of 8.2/10 for handling their broadband switch.
- Most customers reported that it took 2-4 weeks from placing an order with Vodafone until their new broadband was up and running.
- 16% of new Vodafone users had to have a new phone line or cable installed.
- To get set up, 40% required a home visit from an engineer, with 12% needing repeat visits.
- 12% of customers surveyed told us they needed a router upgrade and 4% required additional wifi signal boosters.
Broadband Speed & Reliability
- For broadband speed, customers rated Vodafone 7.2/10 on average.
- Users gave them 7.7/10 for the reliability of their broadband connection.
- 8% of people experienced issues with intermittent downtime, with 4% saying their broadband was down persistently.
- 12% of respondents told us they had a slow connection at least some of the time.
- 4% said they had a poor wifi signal in some parts of their home.
Everything you need to know about Vodafone
Vodafone have been around since 1991 and are one of the country’s biggest companies.
They are best known for the mobile side of their business. Along with EE, O2 and Three, Vodafone are one of the UK’s Big Four mobile networks, and power SIM Only MNVOs like TalkTalk Mobile and Lebara Mobile.
Vodafone bought the most 4G spectrum and now own about a third of the UK’s airwaves for 4G.
Their head offices are in London.
Vodafone have ripped up the rule book in 2017 with broadband pricing. They’ve set the fibre arena alight with a £20 a month deal eclipsing every other provider for speeds up to 38Mbps.
Most Vodafone deals come with no set-up costs, unlimited data, free line rental, free postage and packaging and a free wireless router.
What can you get with Vodafone?
At speeds up to 17Mbps, Vodafone start at £25 a month for 18 months.
Yes. You can get Evening and Weekend Calls added on for £4 a month, or for £8 extra a month you can get free Anytime Calls.
Existing Vodafone mobile customers can get a discount if they pick up home broadband too. There’s >SIM Only deals galore with Vodafone on our sister site SIMOnlyDeals.co.uk
Vodafone’s 38Mbps and 76Mbps is the cheapest fibre broadband around.
If you must have TV bundled in, it won’t be with Vodafone as there are no add-on TV offers here.
Vodafone offer a competitive range of Business packages for Small to Medium Business enterprises which also included the minimum speed guarantee that is offered to their domestic users.
Why choose Vodafone?
Vodafone are a household name for mobile and while their ADSL is reasonably priced, as of September 2017 they have the best fibre broadband deal you can get. Coverage isn’t always the best, so check if it’s definitely available and well-rated in your area before you consider them.