Definitions and Interpretation
“Cookie” means a small file placed on your computer or device when you visit certain parts of our site and/or when you use certain features of our site;
“Cookie Law” means the relevant parts of the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 and of EU Regulation 2016/679 General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”);
“personal data” means any and all data that relates to any person who can be identified from that data, as defined by EU Regulation 2016/679 General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”); and
“We/Us/Our” means Bonus Media Ltd, a limited company registered in England under company number 8035191. Our registered address is The Media Centre, 7 Northumberland St, Huddersfield, West Yorkshire, HD1 1RL.
Information About Us
- Our Site is owned and operated by Bonus Media Ltd.
- Our VAT number is GB 178 3291 79
- Our Data Protection Officer is Mr Ben Tibbits, and can be contacted by email at email@example.com, or by post at The Media Centre, 7 Northumberland St, Huddersfield, West Yorkshire, HD1 1RL.
- We are a member of the Internet Services Providers’ Association (ISPA UK) and we offer an Ofcom accredited price comparison service.
- By using our site, you may also receive certain third party Cookies on your computer or device. Third party Cookies are those placed by websites, services, and/or parties other than us. Third party Cookies are used on Our Site to track which site referred you to Our Site and to track how you use the tools on the site. For more details, please refer to section 4 below.
- All Cookies used by and on Our Site are used in accordance with current Cookie Law. We may use some or all of the following types of Cookie:
Strictly Necessary Cookies
These cookies are essential to the operation of Our Site, supporting functions such as order tracking when you sign up for a voucher.
It is important for Us to understand how you use Our Site, for example, how efficiently you are able to navigate around it, and what features you use. Analytics Cookies enable us to gather this information, helping Us to improve Our Site and your experience of it.
these cookies enable Us to provide a smoother experience for you, for example by remembering your searched postcode or other preferences so that you do not have to enter the same details multiple times. Some functionality Cookies may also be strictly necessary Cookies, but not all necessarily fall into that category.
It is important for Us to know when and how often you visit Our Site, and which parts of it you have used (including which pages you have visited and which links you have visited). As with analytics Cookies, this information helps us to better understand you and to make Our Site and advertising more relevant to your interests.
Third Party Cookies
Third party Cookies are not placed by Us. They are placed by third parties that provide services to Us and/or to you. Third party Cookies may be used by advertising services to serve up tailored advertising to you on Our Site, or by third parties providing analytics services to Us (these Cookies will work in the same way as analytics Cookies described above).
Any of the above types of Cookie may be a persistent Cookie. Persistent Cookies are those which remain on your computer or device for a predetermined period and are activated each time you visit Our Site.
Any of the above types of Cookie may be a session Cookie. Session Cookies are temporary and only remain on your computer or device from the point at which you visit Our Site until you close your browser. Session Cookies are deleted when you close your browser.
- Cookies on Our Site are not permanent and will expire as indicated in the table below.
- For more specific details of the Cookies that We use, please refer to the list below.
What Cookies Does Our Site Use?
- The following first party Cookies may be placed on your computer or device:
‘bbd_consent’ is created when you consent to our cookies and used to ensure you do not continue to see the cookie warning notification. It expires after 3 months.
‘bbd_pcode’, ‘bbd_pcresults’, ‘bbd_pctype’ & ‘bbd_pcstats’ are created when you search for deals in your area, and are used to refer back to the searched postcode so that results are loaded quickly and automatically as you move around the site. These session cookies expire immediately when you close your browser.
‘bbd_ga_id’ is created if you have blocked Google Analytics cookies. It contains a placeholder id which is identical for all users and does not identify you. This cookie keeps parts of the site that rely on Google Analytics from breaking if you have disabled Google Anaytics. This session cookie expire immediately when you close your browser.
‘bbd_v_optout’ and ‘bbd_v_userid’ are created when you opt out of, or sign up for, one of our voucher promotions. These are used to save your choices so that you do not have to fill in the same form multiple times. These session cookies expire immediately when you close your browser.
- The following third party Cookies may be placed on your computer or device:
‘MUID’ is generated by bing.com to track your interaction with Bing advertisements. It expires after 390 days.
- Our Site uses analytics services provided by Google Analytics. Website analytics refers to a set of tools used to collect and analyse anonymous usage information, enabling Us to better understand how Our Site is used. This helps Us to improve Our Site and the services we offer. You do not have to allow Us to use these Cookies, however they do not pose any risk to your privacy.
- The analytics service(s) used by Our Site use(s) analytics Cookies to gather the required information.
- The analytics service(s) used by Our Site use(s) the following analytics Cookies:
‘_ga’ is used by Google Universal Analytics to track traffic to our website. This cookie contains a randomly generated number as a client identifier. It expires after 2 years.
‘_gat’ is used by Google Universal Analytics to throttle the request rate on high traffic sites. It expires after 1 minute.
‘_gid’ is used by Google Universal Analytics to Register a unique ID that is used to generate statistical data on how the visitor uses Our Site. It expires after 1 day.
- The following first party Cookies may be placed on your computer or device:
Consent and Control
- You will be shown a pop-up requesting your consent to set Cookies. By giving your consent you are enabling us to provide the best possible experience and service to you. If you choose to disable cookies, certain features of our site may not function as intended, and we will be unable to process any requests made by you for vouchers or other promotions.
- You can choose to enable or disable all Cookies in your internet browser. Most internet browsers also enable you to choose whether you wish to disable all Cookies or only third party Cookies. By default, most internet browsers accept Cookies but this can be changed. For further details, please consult the help menu in your internet browser or the documentation that came with your device.
- The links below provide instructions on how to control Cookies in all mainstream browsers:
- Google Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en-GB
- Microsoft Internet Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/278835
- Microsoft Edge: https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/products/microsoft-edge (Please note that there are no specific instructions at this time, but Microsoft support will be able to assist)
- Safari (macOS): https://support.apple.com/en-gb/guide/safari/sfri11471/mac
- Safari (iOS): https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT201265
- Mozilla Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-and-disable-Cookies-website-preferences
- Android: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?co=GENIE.Platform%3DAndroid&hl=en (Please refer to your device’s documentation for manufacturers’ own browsers)
- For more information about privacy, data protection and our terms and conditions, please visit the following: