No contract broadband

It’s taken a few years but the industry is finally waking up to what users really want with short term no contract broadband.

While 57% of broadband users will never switch broadband or change their supplier, it means the other 43% are taking matters into their own hands, saving money and getting more flexibility from their home broadband deals.

Now that broadband is such an important utility, it’s crucial to look at 30-day rolling broadband contracts as a way to cut bills and save every month.

We are demanding better service from our ISPs. When they don’t provide that service, we want the option to switch away without hassle and without having to hang around for months and months on a service we don’t trust and which doesn’t meet our needs.

While one month contracts are popular for mobile users looking to save money by choosing a cheap SIM Only deal, only a few major ISPs offer 30-day broadband.

You’ll be happy to know that there are cheap home broadband deals available on flexible 30 day terms, just as there are for people who take out longer contracts.

30-day rolling contracts are the norm, giving you the option to switch out as soon as you see a better deal, with no early termination charges to pay. What’s not to like?

And you can add all the best pay TV channels, like Sky Sports, BT Sport, Sky Cinema and kids TV.

So why tie yourself into a never-ending contract when you can be footloose and fancy free?

Fibre broadband deals

If you have more than two people in the house who use your broadband’s free WiFi, you’ll want to look at a fibre broadband deal. Faster speeds on offer mean the internet service can cope with mulitple devices all connecting at once, with no buffering TV or crashing websites.

Fortunately, there are fibre broadband deals on offer for no contract broadband too.

If you want to go even faster than fibre broadband, you might want to try one of Virgin’s 30-day deals that use their own cable broadband network, that’s broadband with no phone line, and some of the fastest download speeds on the market, up to 300Mbps.

Unlimited downloads & data

Some sneaky ISPs try to catch people out by limiting the amount of downloading or data you’re allowed to use every month, then charging you a fortune for going over the limit.

We’re looking at you, BT.

Fortunately, if you’re clever enough to want 30-day rolling broadband instead of tying yourself down to a long deal, you’ll always get the benefit of unlimited data.

At we’ll always tell you when a deal is not unlimited. You can see this for yourself in our comparison tables.

Adding calls

Just like with long-term broadband contracts, ISPs offer all the same call bundles and packages if you still use your landline home phone.

Evening and Weekend inclusive calls will cost you around £4 a month and Anytime calls will add around £8 a month to your bill.

The cost of calls packages is exactly the same whether you take out a 30 day broadband deal or you plump for a longer 12 or 18 month contract.

Adding TV

If you need extra TV channels, BT Sport or Sky Sports, or movies packages with Sky Cinema, you can do all of this with no contract broadband and TV.

Now Broadband allows you to add almost any paid or premium channels through the NowTV app store.

Sky announced in March 2018 it would add Netflix to NowTV and Sky Q boxes – previously this hasn’t been available.

Virgin no contract broadband deals come with TV options aplenty through their V6 TiVo box. There’s up to 245 channels available in various bundles and you can get the Player TV, Mix TV, Full House TV and VIP TV packages all on 30-day rolling contracts.

Extra upfront fees

For choosing a 30 day broadband contract you will usually pay a little bit more upfront, usually for hardware and activation fees.

For the ISPs themselves this is like insurance in case they set everything up for you, then you leave within a month.

What to do next

Now you know what the best broadband deals are, it’s time to choose your favourite supplier.

Remember, you can always switch away to someone else if you see a better bundle with more perks, or just a cheaper deal.

You don’t have to provide any reason for switching and you won’t have to deal with pushy salespeople in the much-hated Rententions Department.

It’s flexible and easy to set up 30-day rolling contract broadband and you get all the benefits of reliable service for the whole household.