NOW Broadband Reviews & Ratings
We have reviews and ratings from 22 verified customers of NOW broadband.
We surveyed new customers 60 to 120 days after switching to NOW - here's what they told us:
Super fast phone line working but slow issues with broadband going live obviously lock down has not helped at all. Brilliant speed for the monthly cost.
Better than my last provider - faster speeds when downloading and good reliability. Exactly what I was looking for and have expected to get. I am very happy with them.
Very smooth switch, had to unfortunately pick the box up from the post office as opposed to it being in a letterbox sized parcel. Speed is 8/10, not quite as good as BT. Value for money however is excellent. I am happy I switched.
Satisfaction and Value for Money
- The customers we asked said they saved on average £7.23 per month by switching to NOW broadband.
- Users gave NOW 7.6/10 for overall satisfaction, and rated them 8/10 on value for money.
- When asked why they chose NOW broadband, 68% said that they offered the most cost effective deal at the time.
- Other reasons customers cited were: broadband speed (18%), vouchers or reward offers (9%), availability (5%).
Switching and Initial Setup
- On average, the customers we surveyed gave NOW a rating of 8.2/10 for handling their broadband switch.
- Most customers reported that it took less than 2 weeks from placing an order with NOW until their new broadband was up and running.
- 27% of new NOW users had to have a new phone line or cable installed.
- To get set up, 45% required a home visit from an engineer, with 9% needing repeat visits.
- 14% of customers surveyed told us they needed a router upgrade and 5% required additional wifi signal boosters.
Broadband Speed & Reliability
- For broadband speed, customers rated NOW 6.6/10 on average.
- Users gave them 7.3/10 for the reliability of their broadband connection.
- 18% of people experienced issues with intermittent downtime, with 9% saying their broadband was down persistently.
- 18% of respondents told us they had a slow connection at least some of the time.
- 18% said they had a poor wifi signal in some parts of their home.
Everything you need to know about NOW Broadband
NOWTV is a pay-TV provider owned by Sky which launched in 2012. They started selling bundled NOWTV and NOW Broadband deals in 2015, so it’s a relatively new entrant to the internet provider market.
If you must have premium TV channels along with your broadband then NOW Broadband is the cheapest way to do it.
Often calls are bundled together with NOW Broadband’s packages, so you may well find that evening and weekend calls come at no extra cost as part of your deal.
NOW Broadband’s star attraction is its access to Sky channels like Sky Cinema, Sky Sports and kids favourites like Nickelodeon, Boomerang and Cartoon Network through NOWTV bundles.
One month deals are a popular option but you can sign up for 12 month contracts too.
What can you get with NOW Broadband?
NOW Broadband offer standard broadband up to 17Mbps but their prices always include some element of TV package so aren’t competitive against simple broadband-only providers.
There’s two flavours of fibre to try with NOW Broadband, 38Mbps and 76Mbps. Unusually both these kinds are available on 12 month and one month rolling contracts.
Move along, nothing to see here.
Free Evening and Weekend Calls will add £4 a month to NOW Broadband deals, while Anytime Calls adds £8 a month.
Nothing doing with NOW Broadband.
This is where NOW Broadband comes into its own. Monthly NOWTV passes for Kids, Entertainment, Sport and Sky are on the table.
Why choose NOW Broadband?
While it may not offer the best value broadband deals, streaming the latest TV boxsets through NOWTV definitely adds to the NOW Broadband sales pitch. Bundling broadband and TV together might get you the deal of your dreams, too.
If the little ones are doing your head in, plonk them in front of Peppa Pig or Spongebob. If you need some time out for yourself, there’s top-rated American dramas like Veep, The Blacklist, The Leftovers, Modern Family and Silicon Valley. You get it. It’s all about top TV. You can switch in and out of monthly passes so whatever tickles your fancy month to month is up for grabs.